- Health & Wellness
- Noon Bible Study
- Wednesday Bible Study
- Sunday School – All Ages
- Small Groups
- Ministers in Training
Health & Wellness Ministry
The “Living Well” Health and Wellness Ministry is led by trained Faith Community Nurses (Parish Nurses) dedicated to promoting and supporting healthy lifestyle practices through sharing health related information, monthly health observances, conducting healthy lifestyle seminars, and referrals to community health resources. Living Well’s goal is that the lives of SPUMC members and the community are made whole in order to fulfill the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Bible Study “Noon Day Manna” – Adults
Wednesday – 12 to 1pm
- This group meets weekly and lunch is served.
- Participants include retired adults and downtown workers.
- Studies include Lenten/Advent and various books of the Bible.
Bible Study “Wednesday Night Alive” – Adults
Wednesday – 6:15 to 7:15pm
- This group meets weekly.
- Participants include all ages.
- Studies include Lenten/Advent and various Bible study topics.
Sunday School – All Ages
Sunday – 9:15 to 10:15am
- This groups meets weekly.
- Participants include children, youth and adults.
- Studies include Lenten/Advent and various Bible study topics related to children, youth and men and women.
Small Groups – TBD
Persons who have heard the call and would like to answer the call to Ordained Ministry or Ministry as a Local Pastor are encouraged to participate in the Ministers-In-Training Program. Participants will be introduced to the process of articulating their oral and written call statement and will be guided through the Ministerial Candidacy Process in the North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. Interested persons are to contact the Executive Pastor to participate.